Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cleanse Day 5

I had a nice surprise when I got on the scale today--159.6. The shocking part is that my weight was higher yesterday--163.4. I had been bummed yesterday about my weight being higher. I started second guessing myself--am I doing the cleanse right, etc., etc.

My biggest issue is--how to put this delicately--problems with elimination. I'm definitely out of my routine. The book we're following is very unhappy about elimination problems--we don't want to reabsorb those nasty toxins we went to so much trouble to get into our colon, now, do we. So it suggests that any day you haven't eliminated properly, taking castor oil. Now there's a disgusting substance. It's disgustingly thick. It does its job quite well. My low weights are the mornings after the castor oil has cleaned me out.

I really don't want to make a habit of asking it, and Liz doesn't want me to either--she's worried I'll become dependent on it. So I've been adding things to my diet. First I added ground flax seed. That didn't do it. Then I added bentonite clay. Still not enough. Now I'm taking psyllium seed twice a day. Now that's an interesting substance. I put a tablespoon in water and drink it down. It doesn't have a taste but it has a weird texture. Kind of like tapioca beads or something. It feels like I should chew it, but I want to drink it as fast as possible. We'll see if that can get me off the caster oil.

We're doing well at staying with the cleanse. The hardest part for me is after dinner. Dinner tonight was an 8 oz glass of juice made from an apple, a head of fennel, and a half of lemon. It was really delicious, but not what my prior 61.9 years has led me to think of as dinner. I'm not as hungry as I thought I would be--it's more not satisfied. But I'm loving the results. Liz looks fabulous--she's lost 10 pounds and it shows!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment