Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cleanse: Day 8

Well, I've started taking a natural laxative, so life is much better. Who knew this topic would be the major feature of my blog about the cleanse! We are at the stage of the cleanse where the novelty has worn off, so it's much harder to stay with it. I'm pretty good at staying with something once I've committed to it (witness my 34 year old business and 28 year old relationship with Liz), so I'm not worried about sticking with it, it's just harder. Some days, I'm pretty much hungry for most of the day, like today. I actually had the misconception that we'd been on the cleanse for 2 weeks, and was planning what I wanted to eat next Sunday, when Liz reminded me that we've only done it for a week. How can that be?

We've also started talking about what we want to do when we finish the cleanse. We both want to continue having 12 horse between the last time we eat in the evening and breakfast. It makes sense to both of us that that gives our system time for some housecleaning in addition to digestion. I'm thinking about permanently not eating desserts. Our friend Walter does that, and he's managed to stay trim his adult life. I'm also thinking about limiting the frequency with which I drink beer. That's going to be a harder one. I really like beer and I like getting a little buzz on. I no longer like getting a major buzz on like I did when I was in my teens and 20s. Just a mild little buzz. So I have to experiment with what works. I want to get to my ideal weight and stay there this time, not put it all back on over a period of years.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment