Monday, May 21, 2012

10%

I've read a number of places that if you lose 10% of your body weight, it is a significant improvement to your health (but apparently not your grammar). I've now lost 17 pounds, which is 10% from where I started. Just .8 of a pound and I'm officially not over-weight (although you wouldn't know it from all the rolls of fat hanging out here and there).

I broke my commitment to Mark Saturday night. We went to the Blue Heron--my favorite restaurant-- and they had Dog Fish Head on tap. I decided to celebrate my 17 pound weight loss and had two beers. They tasted fabulous. But the next day I was so draggy, I don't know how I managed to ever drink. I didn't want to do anything. Bennett declared me a boring old lady, which was accurate. I finally forced myself out for a bike ride in the lat afternoon. The whole way out I thought about turning around. At least the second half of the ride was fun because I wasn't wasting energy thinking about whether to continue or not.

I had an amazing change since the cleanse. I'm used to being hungry--it just feels like a normal way to be, rather than a problem I need to address immediately with food. The one day since the cleanse when I wasn't hungry at dinner time, I really didn't want dinner, so I just made a smoothie. I'm really hoping I can make that a long-term change.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment