Friday, May 11, 2012

We Did It!

Today is the last day of the cleanse! We made it through the preparation week, and the 3 weeks of the cleanse. The hardest day for both of us was the first Saturday. Part of what made it hard was just being hungry for so many days. But it was also that we had a couple of juices that we really didn't like, the garlic we were eating was upsetting both of our stomachs, and I was constipated. Not a pretty situation all in all.

But we got used to being hungry, our stomachs shrunk, we cut out the raw garlic, I added different forms of fiber to our diets, and we figured out which recipes to avoid.

In some ways, being on the cleanse was probably easier than trying to figure out how to eat healthily and in the right proportions after it's done. I was playing some game on my iPad tonight and an ad came up for Flixster that featured a tub of popcorn. I've seen that ad many times, but tonight, it made my mouth water. I love popcorn, and popcorn is now back within reach. My brother-in-law Berny once said that my sister Barb could eat her weight in popcorn and I adopted that as an apt description of myself. I can make Liz and I each a giant bowl of popcorn, and I can eat mine and whatever Liz couldn't finish. I haven't had popcorn since the film festival.

My next temptation will be tomorrow night. I'm going to see the Celtics play the 76ers in the first game of the second round of the playoffs. I'm going with Bob and Alexandra and finding a place to eat that doesn't veer too far from how I have been eating may be a challenge. We have to be careful about how we come out of the cleanse so as not to upset our systems. But really, wouldn't a beer and popcorn hit the spot!

I'll do my official weigh-in in the morning, but as of today, I've lost 15 pounds. Just 2.6 pounds and I'll officially not be over-weight, although I'll still be about 18 pounds over my ideal weight.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: