Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Coming Back Slow

Wow--it's taking me longer that I thought to recover from surgery. I'm sure the trip to NYC last week didn't help (much less the flight back from Houston). I'm so exhausted after a day of work that I'm literally shaking. Yesterday I was shaking and felt like vomiting, so I guess I made some progress. I'm feeling my age, which I rarely do. Wow, it takes longer to recover from surgery at 61 than it did when I was in my 40s. This is the first time I've had abdominal surgery, which may make a difference. I know when they used to slice you open, it was a 3 month recovery, and I remember people (much younger people) being surprised that they really needed the 3 months. Maybe laproscopic surgery cuts it down from 3 months, but it still takes time. Or maybe it's because I'm 61.

I'm wishing I didn't have the trip to Minnesota this weekend, given how I'm feeling now. But who knows, maybe I'll be stronger by Friday. I sure would like to be back to normal next week.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is, Hang in there Julie. Belly surgery is hard to get over. Most people use their recovery time to recover (like sit and watch old movies, read books, visit with loved ones), but you are unstoppable. Good luck on your trip this weekend. Make sure everyone is super nice to you.

    ReplyDelete