Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tired, Tired, Tired

I'm on the train coming back from my meeting in NYC. It felt like it took every ounce of energy I had to do that meeting. I feel too tired to sleep, if you know that feeling.

I was a bit anxious about the meeting. I had to do a bit of walking to get to the room where the meeting was, it was very warm and humid, and I felt very dizzy. Not fainting was my goal at that point. But once I got to the meeting and sat down, I felt great. it felt like I did a marathon and left everything I had in the race, because as soon as I left, I was so disoriented I had trouble finding the elevator. Keep your fingers crossed that we get the contract--it's a big one.

I worry that I have lost a lot of my fitness, and then remember that it's because I am fit that I could make it to the meeting--it was only a week ago I had surgery.

One if the people I hung out with on the Cape a week and a half ago died of a massive heart attack on Tuesday. That seems so unreal. Life changes in a second--I don't want to take that or the people I love for granted.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Amen to your last paragraph. I am glad you made it through the meeting. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete