Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm Going Home!

So of the three things the ER told me I had symptoms of, I had two of them: a kidney stone and appendicitis. Lucky me. Isn't it weird that I'd get both of them at the exact same time?

So I had emergency surgery last night. They removed my appendix using a laprascope, so I only have there small incisions, starting with one in my navel, down about three inches for the next one, and then another three inches.

I haven't had any pain medication since I was in the recovery room after surgery. My doctor thinks I'm very tough, because most of his patients suffer a lot more pain when they have their appendices out. I'm very happy I'm not one of them. I am going to take credit for doing the hard work of biking and strength training in terms of my ability to recover from yesterday's traumas so quickly.

I have to wait 3 weeks before I can lift anything over 30 pounds (sorry Bennett), go cycling, and train. Serious bummer, but I'm really happy I decided not to take a plane yesterday.

I'm not sure what's happening with the kidney stone--who know, I may have already passed it. my doctor said to drink lots of liquids to help in pass, so that's what I am doing.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment