Monday, September 26, 2011

Taking My Medicine

Working out with Mark today was all about the medicine ball. It's amazing what a workout you can do with that alone! First, he had me pull an 11 pound ball over my head and slam it into the ground as hard as I could, repeating as fast as I could. Then I stood on the Bosu and threw a medicine ball to him as hard as I could, followed by standing sideways on the Bosu and throwing it to him--for the latter, I had to have my feet touching each other, which made balancing particularly challenging. Then I stood with my back to Mark and threw the ball to him over my head, followed by facing him with the ball on the ground, doing a squat to pick up the ball and throw it at him. I think that was the end of the ball tossing. We did a few other things to round out the workout.

I was amazed at how much all that ball tossing engaged my abs. It was a great ab workout without the annoyingness of sit-ups or planks. I'm going to be really sore, because I can already feel it starting in my biceps and triceps tonight. I know when I start getting sore the day of a workout, there's much more in store for the next two days. I like the feeling of being sore, and have had only mild soreness from my workouts since my surgery, so I'm really looking forward to it--bring it on!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Julie, today I saw a recumbent bike with a fiberglass pod over it. It seemed like it was for rain protection or maybe speed. Maybe that's what you need so you can bike all winter. That and studded tires.

    ReplyDelete