Saturday, October 1, 2011

One Minute, Please

I had a great workout with Savannah yesterday. I'm nice and sore today. We, meaning I, did a series of exercises, spending one minute on each and going thru the series twice. It'll be a good set of exercises to do at home next Friday. We have to work out at home next Friday or our plan to cut down one day at Fitness Together every other week will fail. Here is the series:




I started with my left foot on the Bosu, did a squat and then jumped to move my right foot to the Bosu and my left foot to the floor on the other side. Back and forth for a minute. The goal was to elevate my heart rate, and believe me, it worked.

Then came squat-presses:





I started with the dumbbells at shoulder-level, did a squat and then lifter them overhead.

Then step-ups:


I started with my left foot on the bench, stepped up with both feet on the bench, stepped back down with both feet, and then repeated starting with the right foot.

Then came moving the giant mambo rope:







I'm moving it so very fast, you can barely see how fat and heavy it is. For this one, I did 20 seconds of slinging the rope up with one hand and then the other, 20 seconds of slinging it faster with less upward movement, followed by 20 seconds of slinging it with both arms at the same time. Very good for the core and deltoids.

Then came the tricep press. We forgot to take a picture of it, but it't pretty boring, anyway. Then the medicine ball toss:



Wow--I'm impressed, you can't see the ball at all. I lifted it overhead and slammed it to the ground as hard and fast as I could.

Then we rounded it off with elevated lunges:



That's what has me so sore today. Good for the gluteus Maximus.

That was a great workout. If you workout, you should try it. If you don't have a giant rope but have someone you work out with, you can substitute medicine ball chest passes.

Yesterday I passed a big challenge. I'm home alone because Liz is visiting her family in Indiana, and I had eaten all of my calories for the day by 7pm. Alexandra called to see if I wanted to watch a movie with her and Bob (Diana is in Hawaii, poor thing). I'd had a beer, so my suggestibility was high, but I turned down another beer, brownies, and burritos, even though I had a lot of rationalizations of why I could eat.

I've decided I need to eat more calories during the day. I frequently get to dinner only having eaten half my calories. I'll be starving, and dinner won't use anywhere near all of my calories, so then I'm looking for after dinner snacks. So I'm eating a lot of my daily calories at a time that I won't be using them. So I'm going to try to at so that I'll be done eating when I finish my dinner.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment