Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Journey

Oh yes, I'm referring to Miley Cyrus's philosophy in the title. I realized yesterday, that people may not know that I almost always quote song lyrics in my title. Liz didn't realize my title yesterday was from a Simon and Garfunkle song. What's with that. So I moved from a 1960's reference to a 2010's reference.

I dropped a full pound from yesterday to today. Psyched! I know I'm in this for the long run, but it sure helps to see my progress on the scale. I feel great as I walk around--I feel how differently my clothes fit me, and I can feel how much stronger I am. Then when I'm feeling good, I start getting down on myself--think how good I'd feel now if I'd started at the weight I was last July. Why oh why did I put on 15 pounds (other than the fact the I was ordered to do no exercise and to move as cautiously as possible in the world so I wouldn't break anything).

Then I have to remind myself to enjoy the journey (thanks, Miley). Enjoy seeing each pound go, having my clothes get loose, having to buy new ones, enjoying the food I eat, the exercises I do, feeling myself grow stronger. Some day, someone will actually notice the change and say something (what the hell, is everyone blind!?!??!!!).

1 comment: