Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back in the Saddle

I went for my first bike ride in two weeks tonight. I went with Mark from Fitness Together and two other people who work out there. It felt great to be biking again, although (1) I felt hugely fat (I need to weigh myself tomorrow, but I feel like I've gained a ton of weight and (2) I kept falling way behind the group on the uphills, of which there were many. That's hard for me. I worried the whole time that people were unhappy because they kept having to wait for me. I'll talk to Mark about it because I really like riding with the group, even if I end up doing a lot of the ride alone. I wouldn't want people to not come because of me.

Mark had a huge accident on his bike 2 weeks ago. His chain and pedals locked and he flew over the handle bars. He hit the pavement so hard his helmet broke. Luckily that was the only thing that broke. I've been tempted to ride a normal bike from time to time, like at the lake. Mark's accident is a good reminder of why I shouldn't. I hate to think of how many bones I would have broken if that happened to me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment