Saturday, July 9, 2011

Let the Games Begin!

I have a new friend, also named Julie, who is teaching me Spanish on Friday mornings. It's a slow process. She and I were talking yesterday and it turns out we have the following things in common: we weigh the same thing, want to lose weight, and are super-competitive. Put those 3 things together and you have a competition to lose weight. It's perfect timing for that and gives me another motivation to stick to my nutrition plan with the family trip to the lake and all its temptations starting the end of next week: Dairy Queens, frozen Snicker's Bars, and beer being the top 3.

I had a great ride today. It's amazing how quickly our new 16 mile route has become routine. It's such a great route because of all the hills, the beautiful scenery, and the lack of traffic. I'll take some pictures next time I'm out.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment