Friday, February 25, 2011

Doubt and Worry

I haven't posted in a couple of days. It's hard to stay focussed on it on days I don't work out. I rearranged my Fitness Together schedule so now I'll do spinning on Mondays and Saturdays and Fitness Together on Wednesdays and Fridays. I tried calling my doctor's office today to see if I can add in running but kept getting the answering machine with no recording option.

I'm finding myself worrying about whether I will stay on my fitness and nutrition regimen without the level of overview I was getting from Fitness Together. I wasn't aware of how much it influenced me knowing someone was looking at everything I ate and that I had a commitment to someone else to workout 4 times a week. I've haven't been over my eating points ever since I started, but I did have a beer tonight. It tasted really good. I have to keep in mind that if I think my diet is heading south, I can always ask the people at Fitness Together if I can send it in every week. It's not as if asking for support is some shameful thing to be avoided at all costs.

I had a great workout today. I told Savanah that I wanted to be sore tomorrow, so she gave me a workout where everything I did, I did for 20 seconds, rested for 10, and repeated 6 times. I started with pushups--the last 2 sets were murder. Then I did squats with 12 pound weights at shoulder level, going into a press when I stood up. Then I did ab work, starting by sitting on the floor in a vee with my arms and legs in the air, holding a ball and lowering it to the floor on the right side and then the left side, followed by crunches with my legs in the air, reaching my hand to the outside of the opposite leg.

Then onto dips on the bench, lowering myself to work the triceps. Finally, rows using the rings. My body was at about a 45 degree angle from the floor, holding myself with straight arms with the rings, and then pulling myself up.

All in all, just the kind of workout I asked for. When it was happening, I was unhappy that I had requested such a hard workout, but it felt great when it was done. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. Fortunately, it was mostly an upper body workout, so spinning shouldn't be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment