Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Keeping Going

I'm having a bit of a struggle continuing this blog. My major motivation had been recording the process of getting in as good a shape as I could during the two months I was getting free training, so I would be as strong as I could be in Nicaragua. Now that I've been to Nicaragua, my goal is more nebulous--to continue to improve my fitness level. But I don't have a specific reason for doing it. Well, I guess it's so I can be as healthy as I can be, but I work better with a more immediate, concrete goal. In the past, that has been things like running a specific race, completing a triathlon, and in recent years, completing the North Shore Inline Marathon in a specific time. I don't really know what I'll be doing in the way of athletics. for example, I have thought about setting a biking goal, like biking a specific distance, but I'm not sure I can bike the hills of Western Mass without fear of a tire popping, crashing, and breaking bazillions of bones.

I feel like I'm back in a good pattern of eating, although we still haven't gone grocery shopping and the amount of food in our house could barely feed a Who's mouse. I went to Fitness Together 7:30 yesterday morning to work out with Savanah, which was difficult to do because all I wanted to do was sleep after arriving back from Nicaragua the night before. I'm now working out at Fitness Together twice a week, so I need to push myself to work out without a trainer tomorrow morning. I'm going to talk with Mark at Fitness Together on Friday to help me to set a goal.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Julie. You do it for you! For the you you want to be with and take places.

    ReplyDelete