Saturday, February 26, 2011

Out for a Spin

I feel so great after spinning class. I feel thinner and more muscular, even though there can be no real change from before I went to class. I'm really glad the workout yesterday focussed on the upper body, because even though I got what I asked for yesterday in terms of soreness, I didn't use any of those muscles spinning. Both my abs and my triceps are REALLY sore. I'm a little sore in my deltoids. Surprisingly, given all the pushups I did, I'm not sore in my pecs.

My friend Ruth suggested that I think about getting a recumbent bike with an extra wheel, so I don't have to worry about falling and breaking something. My first reaction was, a bike with an extra wheel is called a tricycle, and no way in hell am I riding one. But I've been mulling it over in my mind--maybe with the aging of the population there is some kind of bike-like thing I can enjoy riding and get a good workout outside on, that doesn't scare me to death on these hilly, pot-hole filled roads. I'll check out the local bike shop, and actually, I'll look online now. I do want something I can do outdoors when the weather gets nice. I spent the whole summer inside last summer and I want to make up for it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment