Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Feeling Good My Friend

Fortunately, whatever I had yesterday was gone today, so I could go to my 3 meetings. The day start out rainy and cool but in the afternoon the sun came out and the temperature rose to 84.

When I got home, I immediately changed clothes and went out for a cycle. I only had an hour so I did the 12 mile loop up through Conway. I'm still learning about how to handle the trike--how fast I can go down hills, take curves, etc. Also, when I'm going really fast and pedaling, the bike sways a bit back and forth. I'm not sure if there is something I can do to prevent that, or if it's something I just need to get used to.

In any event, it's a lot of fun. This experience really shows me that it's important to mix up what I do for exercise because of the fun and excitement of doing something new. Right now, I want to be outside as much as possible, but I want to try more classes at the Y in the fall.

Liz had more time than me today, so she did a 20 mile cycle. She's having as much fun as I am. I don't think I'm going to be able to do a long ride until the weekend after next, because I'm going to be out of town this weekend. Bummer!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment