Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bah Humbug!

We were madly rushing around today, trying to get ready to leave for our trip: cleaning the house so Lynn, who is housesitting for us, wouldn't be appalled at our slovenliness, preparing Lynn and Nancy, who is staying for 2 of the days, for what to do if Lucy started failing again, doing laundry, printing our boarding passes, getting out our passports, etc., all much faster than we had planned because we decided to head to the airport ahead of the snow storm, so we wouldn't have to drive through it really early tomorrow morning.

Then we got the call from the airline saying our flight was cancelled and to call to rebook. I called, and after 20 minutes on hold, was told that the soonest we could leave was Thursday. Thursday!!! So we cancelled. We get snow and ice instead of sand and ice.

Normally, that kind of news would have sent me straight to ice cream and chocolate--I deserve to treat myself since I lost my vacation. We had been looking forward to this trip for months. But since we can't go, I want to use the time to work on my fitness goals. I want to see if I can get some appointments at FT, and take some classes at the Y--all assuming that we don't get so much snow that everything is shut down for days.

I do love snowstorms--I just wish the first one of the season didn't hit perfectly to prevent us from heading to Los Cabos.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's hard. I applaud your great attitude - keep it up, it's inspiring! Much love, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you didn't get your vacation as planned. Perhaps the Universe has different plans for you and Liz this week. I hope to see you guys lots.

    ReplyDelete