Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cycling With the Bikers

Mark at Fitness Together is taking groups on bike rides on Thursday evenings. Tonight there were only 3 of us, Mark, a woman named Teddi, and me. Liz was feeling under the weather and didn't come, and the sky looked really threatening, which Mark thought might have kept others away, especially after yesterday's tornadoes.

It was my first time cycling with bikers where I really had to work to keep up. I knew they were real cyclers, cause they were wearing the official clothes. Gina is a real cycler and wears the real clothes, but she bikes behind me.

Mark is the trainer who always works me the hardest, and cycling is his sport, so you know he wasn't going to make it a stroll in the park. We went north on route 5 and 10, which is relatively flat, and he really pushed me. I was going 20 miles on hour on the flats. My heart rate was really up there.

When we got into the hills, I would fall way behind going up the hills and then I would go way ahead on the downhills. My trike really does book going downhill. I'm a speed demon so I love that. We went 16 miles, well I went 16 miles--that was the point we were going past my house. I could have done the last 5 miles downhill and turned around and come home, but there my nice house was calling to me, so down the driveway I went.

I was worried that they might not have enjoyed riding with me because they had to stop a couple of times to let me catch up, but Teddi said she'd ride with me anytime. I hope Liz comes next week, because it was really fun and a different challenge.

Less than 2 weeks till my birthday. I don't think I'm going to make my weight goal, but I am spending a lot of time contemplating what beer I'm going to drink and what dessert I'm going to eat. Hard, hard decisions!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment