Thursday, June 9, 2011

So Tired

This is going to be a short blog, because I'm so tired, I want to go to bed and it's only 7:30. I cut down to 4 days a week about a year ago, and it's really a challenge because I didn't change my job--I'm just stuffing 5 days a week into 4. Thursdays are the real challenge, because everything I committed to having done during the week has got to be done on Thursday. Thinking about everything I did today makes me even more tired.

Liz and I had hoped to go on a long bike ride with Mark tonight, but we got a huge thunderstorm instead. The sky got dark and everyone from work went outside to look at the sky. The clouds were swirling in circles--we were expecting a funnel to descend at any time. It's so weird to be afraid of tornadoes. I grew up in tornado country where we had tornadoes all the time and I wasn't afraid of them. The tornadoes in Springfield last week really caused a lot of damage, though, so I think everyone around here is a bit fearful.

Liz's nephew Daniel is coming to live with us for the summer and intern at Market Street Research. We love having nieces and nephews live with us (although Daniel is the first nephew), so we're very excited. I've been thinking about what impact Daniel will have on our fitness goals, and it sounds like it will be all good. The first good thing--he is lactose intolerant, so we won't be tempted to take him out for ice cream every day. When I asked him what food and beverages he wanted us to stock up on, he said he tries to eat really healthily, and drinks water and orange juice, and doesn't want any snack foods. Excellent--he will be a force for good, not evil.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment