Friday, June 10, 2011

Hip Hip

I had a scare today. I had a great workout at Fitness Together and went to have a Spanish lesson with my friend Julie. When I got up off her couch at the end of the lesson, I had a terrible pain in my left hip. I couldn't walk, I couldn't put any weight on it. I remembered that I still had crutches in my trunk and Julie's husband Jeff went to get them.

When I started trying to walk with the crutches, I realized I couldn't lift my left leg because of the pain. I had to drag it forward on the floor. I wasn't sure what to do, but was afraid something was really wrong. I thought about going to the emergency room, but decided to to home and see what it was like after a couple of hours. I tried calling Liz, but she didn't answer the phone. Julie rode back to my house with me in my car and Jeff followed in theirs. Then when we got to my house, the pain was completely gone.

Weird, huh? At first I was very cautious about moving around, but then I tried going up and down stairs--no problem. I don't know what it was, but I'm really glad it wasn't something that took me out for awhile. I really want to enjoy this summer.

By the way, Liz finished the chicken house today and the chickens are out there now. Here are some pictures. Liz built them a palace!










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment