Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ooo, Ooo, can't you hear my heart beat

Liz and I went on the Fitness Together bike ride this afternoon with Mark. Last time I rode with Mark, I really enjoyed it because trying to keep up with him and the other rider pushed me more than I normally am. But that was nothing compared to today. Mark discovered fairly early in the ride that Liz and I like to compete with each other. So Mark would encourage whoever was in the back to catch up and pass the person in the front. So Liz and I changed leads up and down hills for 16 miles. Wow, what a workout. It was as tough a workout as spinning class, but much more fun because of the competitive element. Liz has always been faster than me uphills and I have always been faster downhills, but we really pushed each other to go faster both places. Our fastest speed today was 41 miles an hour. That's clipping!

I needed that kind of workout today. I've been having trouble getting back into the groove since the weekend. After eating--and drinking--whatever we wanted to on the weekend, I've been having trouble going back to the healthy diet that I completely enjoyed prior to the weekend. I was also having trouble pushing myself to exercise--this morning, I really didn't want to go tonight. It is hard in that going for a long ride at 6 pm means coming home and cooking starting after 8. We finished dinner at 9:30, which is normally when we head to bed. It helps that I don't work on Friday, but I still need to get up to work out at Fitness Together at 7:30.

Tonight was fun. Alexandra is spending the night, so Liz, Dan, Alexandra, and I were having dinner together and hanging out. It was like a fantasy of having two kids at home--a fantasy in that there were none of the negative dynamics between us and a 14 and 21 year old, or between the two of them. It was just fun.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment