Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lunch Cycle

I set the alarm for 6 am to get up for an early cycle, but that was living in some alternate reality in which I could actually sleep after everything I ate and drank. Unfortunately I was actually living in a reality in which I felt like I was wide awake all night. Liz claimed I slept, but if I did, it wasn't deeply and I woke up a lot. My poor stomach was very unhappy. So when the alarm went off at 6, I promptly reset it for 7:30.

So Liz put our trikes in her RV and brought them to the office at lunch time. We went for a nice 8 mile ride on the bike path. We went on a new section that goes through downtown and eventually connects with bike path in Easthampton that I used to blade on all the time. The path is great--beautiful surface, nice and quiet, nice scenery. They actually put in a bridge over Route 10, which is great for both the cyclers and the drivers. The really nice thing about cycling in Northampton is that drivers are really great about stopping to let cyclers cross roads.

Liz and I were feeling very impressed with ourselves for exercising during lunch time. It's something we've never done in our 27 years together.

I didn't reach my goal of being at a normal weight by the time of my birthday--I was 3 pounds over. But given how crappy I feel today, I am having no trouble going back to eating healthily.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment