Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On the Road Again

I woke up this morning raring to go. I think it really helped both to cycle yesterday when I didn't want to and to blog about feeling depressed. It also helped that Liz was cycling with me. I was still aware of my spine sticking out virtually every second of the ride. That and my back pain both seem worse now that I know the cause. My goal is to return to how I felt before I knew the cause.

I moved my iPhone to my forearm--I'd had it in a case wrapped around my water bottle, but I really couldn't see it without having to lean forward. Now I can easily see how fast we're going and I see why Liz and I are having an easier time going up the long hill to our house. We are climbing some big hills on our daily route. I judge that by how fast we go down those hills--there are a bunch of hills where we're going nearly or over 30 miles per hour, which is impressive because our trikes are geared really low, so once we get going down a steep hill, there's no point in pedaling. Also, once we hit about 18 miles an hour, the trikes start swaying side to side, so we can't build up a lot of speed prior to a hill. Liz figured out that if we really pedal from our butts, it minimizes the swaying, but I can't eliminate it.

I finally have a day I can bike to work and back tomorrow. It's supposed to be a beautiful day, so I'm looking forward to it.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment