Tuesday, May 24, 2011

To Cycle or Not to Cycle

The weather was great after work today. The first day in a long time that actually felt like there's a possibility of summer. If anything, it was a little hot--80 degrees and sunny after work.

I'd planned on cycling after work, but in the middle of the afternoon, I started feeling like I was getting a cold. Actually, I started with a slight sore throat last night that I refused to acknowledge. Then I had a conference call this afternoon with a woman with a horrible cold and by the time I got off the phone, I felt like she had sent it straight through the phone to me. All of a sudden, my throat was really sore, my head started feeling clogged up, and I felt a little feverish.

So, should I cycle or not after work? On the one hand, it was beautiful out. And it's supposed to rain for the next week. Who knows when we'll have another day like this. On the other hand, I have to get up early tomorrow, take a train into New York City, present the results of a study to a hospital, meet with some people about another study, and take the train home. Then I have to get up Thursday morning, and go present the results of a study to a bank in Connecticut. And next Tuesday, I have to get up really, really early, fly to Illinois, present the results of a study to a health insurance company, and fly back, getting home really, really late.

If I can prevent doing all those things was a horrible cold, my life will be much better. I didn't cycle and I'm off to bed now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment