Monday, May 16, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's the middle of May and the only thing keeping me from turning the furnace on is that I can close all the windows and turn on the gas fireplace. Much less depressing than turning on the heat. I looked at the hour by hour forecast, and the only time that it's not supposed to rain in the next 24 hours is from now until 1 in the morning. I had a brief irrational urge to go cycling now.

I know I can go to the Y in the morning, but I'd so much prefer to go cycling outside. I just went to the Y schedule to see if there is a fun class I can take, and the first class isn't until 8, so that's not an option. I'll wait and see what it looks like in the morning. If it's just raining lightly, I'll take my chances?

It's periodically hard to stick to my no alcohol-no desserts commitment. I decided I was going to break it next weekend. There's a group who has predicted that next Saturday is Rapture Day, when God's chosen are taken into heaven. Have you seen the bumper stickers--"In the event of Rapture, this car will have no driver" or something equivalent? Well, what better day could there be to have a party with those of us who are Left Behind? And how can you really celebrate being left behind without having some alcohol. I decided I would and started to contemplate how much. Maybe 2 beers. Hmmmm. Maybe 1 martini. My friend Bob makes a powerful martini.

When I got on the scale this morning, I realized I didn't want to drink on Saturday. If I drank, I would probably overeat. And once I was drinking I could probably rationalize having some dessert, too. I mean, really, we were left behind!

But I really want to not be overweight on my birthday. And these last few pounds are coming off really slowly. I only have about a month left. So I'll have a great time, celebrate life here on earth, and keep my commitment.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment