Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain Drops Keep Fallin' on My Head

I woke up at 6 this morning to a strange sound--no rain on the deck. I quick checked the hour by hour weather to see how long this was going to last. According to the forecast, there was no time today that we weren't supposed to have rain. So I knew I needed to get out fast.

Liz had left at 4:30 this morning to catch a plane, so getting out fast this morning was a relative term. I had to let the dogs out, clean the litter box, feed and medicate the cats, and feed and water the chickens. I'm starting to feel a bit like a farmer with my morning chores, although cleaning a litter box is a very tiny version of mucking out a barn.

I finally got out by 7 and it was a little drizzly and my back tire was kicking water up onto my neck, but that's not bad. It didn't start all-out raining until the last mile on my way home. It was well-worth it. The is the second ride this week that I haven't seen a single other cyclist or runner. I guess they didn't have to spend last summer in a wheelchair. I'm going to be outside as often as I can.

Unfortunately, this is bike commute week in Northampton. I don't think it could have happened on a worse week. Unless this is what this summer is going to be like. I sure hope not.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment