Sunday, March 20, 2011

Goin' Down, Down, Down

Well, my willpower seems to have disappeared this weekend. Drinking beer and wine, eating french fires, hamburgers and dessert. Not the kind of diet that brings me to me goal. So I need to make a new commitment. I'm committing to you, loyal reader, that I will not drink alcohol, eat sugar, or go above my calorie limit from this moment until my birthday on June 14th. I will also track my food everyday.

My first challenge will be going to Minnesota this Thursday. Fortunately, my sister Barb really likes to workout, so I'm going to go with her 2-3 times. But mainly, I won't have a lot of control over my meals, so I'll have to make good choices from what's available and watch portion sizes. I'm counting on you to hold me accountable.

I had another fabulous Tabada workout on Friday that I'm still sore from. It involves doing an exercise for 20 seconds, resting for 10 seconds and repeating for a total of 6 times, which means 3 minutes. It doesn't sound like much, but believe me, by the 5th and 6th repetitions, I was very happy I wasn't doing it 7 times. I did squats, push-ups, shoulder lifts, dips, hamstring curls (done with my feet on a Swiss ball, raise my hips up, and roll the ball toward me--really isolates the hamstrings), and I'm forgetting an exercise ot tow, all followed up by following the same pattern on an exercise bike--pedal as fast as I can for 20 seconds, rest for 10, 6 times.

You can do a Tabada pattern with any exercise--try it the next time you work out--it'll help you break through to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment