Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Urho's Day

While everyone else in Massachusetts is celebrating St. Patty's Day today, I'm into my second day of celebrating St. Urho's Day. I may have gone over my calories for the first time today. I was at the vet picking up Charlie, who was doing his best to support our vet and his family's cruise in the Carribean this week, when in walked Diana. We hadn't seen each other for weeks between their vacation in Hawaii and Liz being in NYC and me in LA. So given the day, the only appropriate thing to do was to head to a bar.

We went to the Toasted Owl--what a great name. I ordered a wedge salad with bacon and blue cheese dressing. It seemed like the best option, but boy, it came back with a LOT of bacon and blue cheese. It's hard to know how to calculate the calories for that (plus a couple of beers), so I decided to err on the high side, which put me 200 calories over my limit. I don't know if that's accurate, because I am hungry.

I guess the best thing to do is to have a great work out tomorrow--I am looking forward to it. It is a challenging weekend. I'm going to a friend's house for dinner tomorrow--I know she'll be serving lots of great food and wine. Saturday night we're going out with Bob and Diana and they are taking us on an adventure to show their gratitude for us taking Alexandra for a week. And Sunday we're having one of the people who went to Nicaragua and his girlfriend over for dinner. At least I have control over the menu for that. I need to take lots of spinning classes in the next 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment