Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life's Little Ups and Downs

As I suspected, I gained weight over the weekend--2.8 pounds according to my WII. I knew I couldn't have really gained that much weight. I also know from when I was in Weight Watchers that when you do gain weight, it's much easier to lose it immediately than it is if you let it hang around for a while.

So I made sure I went back to tracking my calories yesterday. I didn't try to starve myself--just stay under the 1950 calories I'm limited to. Hey, 1950, that's the year I was born. That should bring me some kind of luck.

Sure enough, I was down 2.2 pounds today. Hopefully, I'll be back to where I started tomorrow.

I had a fun workout today. I got to use the ladder today. It's like a rope ladder on the floor and I did various step routines in and out of the squares of the ladder. It reminded me of football players running through tires in pre-season training camp, or soldiers running through obstacle courses made of rope in basic training. Really fun. I was surprised at how much it used my core muscles. Also, since I broke my leg, I feel very stuck to the ground--like I have extra gravity holding me down. It feels like doing exercises with the ladder will make me lighter on my feet.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun, like Chinese jump rope when I was a kid. Hang in there! We are all behind you.

    ReplyDelete