Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seeing Failure in My Future

I had a great time spinning today. There was a substitute instructor who doesn't lead as hard a workout as Don, so I was really pleased that I was regularly getting my heart rate into the 160s and averaged 141. I'm pleased that I'm becoming less dependent on the instructor to have a great workout.

My friend Gina was there. I talked to her about recumbent three wheelers. She said she's seen them and people ooo and shhh over them cause they look really cool. So maybe it wouldn't make me look like I was 95 years old. I'm thinking about it. They aren't cheap.

While I was spinning I realized that I have been so sure I was going to fail once I lost the structure of 4 Fitness Together appointments per week, that it's kind of surprising I haven't. I'm starting to feel back into a routine again, and my workout today was particularly convincing--I can push myself harder than the instructor. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment