Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Help, I Need Somebody

I am getting discouraged because I am not losing weight. I started thinking today about giving up because it's so discouraging to get on the scale every day and gain and lose the same couple of pounds, even though I've been sticking to my points, and not eating sweets or drinking alcohol. I know, though, that giving up means gaining weight, so that's what's keeping me in the game.

I haven't been able to workout as often as I want because of my travel schedule. I know that it would make a big difference if I was working out 4-5 times a week. I went to my sister Barb's exercise studio 3 times when I was in Minnesota. It's a very cool place--it looks like a spa and the women who led the classes were in great shape and very inspiring. We took a Nia class, which is a dance class, and 2 classes that involved using hand weights to do very high numbers of reps of exercises for the whole body to music. For example, we did 4-5 sets of 16 reps of chest presses without a break, and the whole hour was like that. I was a little disdainful about using light weights until I discovered how many reps we were doing. Every muscle in my body burned at one point or another during the workout.

That made me realize that I could be doing classes at the Y in addition to spinning, and that when Liz and I are done with our 6 months at Fitness Together, we can get that hard of a workout in a class with a great instructor. We're going to start tomorrow morning.

So I'm recommitting, but please, please, please oh god of weight loss, let me get passed this place that I'm stuck! Seeing results really helps with staying motivated.

2 comments:

  1. as long as you keep blogging i'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back. I missed your blog while you were away. Hang in there. I wish I knew something inspiring to say, just stay in your moment and it will all happen just as it is supposed to.

    ReplyDelete