Friday, March 4, 2011

Legs!

I had a great lower body workout with Savanah today. It started with step ups--standing on a platform, lowering one leg to touch the ground, and raising it to the level of the platform again. Very rough on the quads.


Then I did forward step ups--stepping up on a bench, lifting the other leg up parallel to the ground, and then switching legs.


Exercise number three was standing lunges--standing with one foot on a low platform, the other on the floor, and lowering my back knee toward the floor while holding dumbbells.



Number four involved sitting on a bench, lifting one leg up, and then standing and returning to sitting on the other leg. Very challenging!




Number five was the hardest for me, because I had to balance on a Bosu. Getting up on a Bosu makes me very nervous--I'm afraid of losing my balance, falling, and breaking something. Once I got on the Bosu, I felt very stable doing squats on it, but getting on and off was nerve-wracking.




The final exercise was doing a squat with one foot on the Bosu, jumping up and switching feet on the Bosu, and then squatting on the other side.



The exercises were split into two groups of three, and I did two sets of 12-15 of each before moving onto the next group of three. A great group of exercises.

I've made a temporary decision that I can eat less healthily on Friday nights. I had popcorn, cheese, and a beer. I stayed within my points and it all tasted great. And unlike last night, I feel fine afterwards. I had an actual hangover this morning from having ice cream last night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You know Mark Bittman is a vegan until dark. You just have to make a framework for eating that works for you. And you are doing it! Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete